Hours: 20 hours per week, flexible
Salary Scale: £26,539 pro-rata to 20 hours
Contract: Initially for 12 months
Closing date for applications: Monday 22 February 2016
- To raise awareness of NFBUK work and campaigns at national and local levels.
- To work with our members and Branches across the UK to assist them in their campaigning work and increase their membership.
- To engage with young blind and partially sighted people with a view to setting up social media networks.
- To engage with our Branches in order to publicise their work.
- To work alongside our Office Administrator and Executive Council (Board of Trustees) to enhance the profile, and standing, of the organisation as a whole by publicising our aims, objectives and work widely.
- To identify and implement ways of raising funds to continue our work into the future.
- You will need a proven track record of working with people who have a sensory impairment, disability or within the older people sector and be familiar with social policy issues affecting people with sensory impairments.
- You will need to be a confident communicator and have a passion for networking with individuals, agencies and dealing with volunteers.
- Ideally you will hold a social care qualification or equivalent through experience.
- This is initially a home based position, unless you live in or around the Wakefield area. Regular travel will be required therefore the successful candidate must be willing to travel throughout the UK when required. A full driving licence and your own transport are preferable but alternative arrangements would be implemented for candidates who require to use public transport.
- As this post requires the post holder to work directly with disabled and older people, a full CRB disclosure will be necessary.
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter detailing how you match the above criteria.
Should you wish to discuss this role further or need the information in an alternative format then please contact our office.
The National Federation of the Blind of the United Kingdom (NFBUK) is an independent, non-political, self-help campaigning group and registered charity. We campaign to improve the overall welfare and quality of daily life for all sensory impaired people and those whose impairment is part of multi-disability.